FlippingBook Online provides you with a variety of settings you can use to customize your publications. You can easily adjust the look and feel of your flipbooks. You can also fine-tune your publication interface and configure other features according to your needs. What’s more, you can save your settings as default for future flipbooks!
Keep on reading if you would like to learn how to:
- Access your flipbook settings
- Change your flipbook Name and Description
- Add flipbook Skin
- Use Branding settings
- Change flipbook Controls
- Protect flipbook with a Password
- Set up a lead-capture form
- Configure other settings
- Save flipbook settings
- Save flipbook settings as default
Access your flipbook settings
- Open the list of your flipbooks.
- Hover over the flipbook you'd like to change and click the Customize option or find it in the three-dot button menu:
Your flipbook settings are conveniently organized into groups and can be easily viewed and modified.
Note! Branding and Lead Capture Form settings are available in all the plans except Starter. The Password setting is available in Advanced and Team plans.
Change your flipbook Name and Description
Flipbook Name and Description are important! The flipbook Name is used as a title of your publication. You can also see your flipbook Name and Description when you share your flipbook on social networks. Publication Name and Description appear on Google search results if you make your flipbook searchable on Google.
You can change your flipbook Name and Description in the Name & Description tab.
Add flipbook Skin
Skin is a ready design for your flipbook interface. You can add a Skin to your flipbook, which best fits your content.
Use Branding settings
The Branding group of settings (available with all the plans except Starter) grants you further customization options.
- Logo – Upload your own image to replace the FlippingBook logo on your flipbook’s interface, or remove it completely.
- Background Image – Use a custom image of your choice as a background for your flipbook, overriding your selected Skin’s default one.
- Color Palette – This option allows you to set your own colors for navigation elements of your flipbook. Here you can learn how to change Color Settings for your flipbook.
- Favicon – This setting allows you to replace or remove the small icon, which is usually displayed on your browser’s tab where your flipbook is opened.
You can use all these settings to adjust your flipbook to your company brand.
Change flipbook Controls
In this section, you can configure the available interface buttons and panels. Keep in mind that some of the interface elements won’t look the same on mobile devices:
Bottom Menu – Add/remove the bottom panel buttons:
Share | Print | Download | Text Selection
Table of Contents | Thumbnails | Notes
Sound | Fullscreen | Zoom | Search
Removing any of these buttons turns off the feature associated with them. For example, disabling the Sound button also turns off the flipping sound effect.
Note! Turning off the Search button in Controls wouldn't turn off search engine indexing for this flipbook, it instead can be done in the Settings section of the Customize menu
Default Navigation – You can choose Table of Contents, Thumbnails, Search, or Notes side bar to be opened by default when your flipbook is loaded.
Contacts Button – You may turn the Contacts button on/off and change its text and target URL.
Protect flipbook with a Password
Set up a Lead Capture Form
A Lead Capture Form could be a useful tool for your marketing purposes. It's designed to encourage your readers to submit their personal information while reading your flipbook. Lead Capture Form is available with all the plans except Starter.
More information on how to set up a lead capture form and how it works.
Configure other settings
Other configuration options can be found in Settings.
- Page Turn Mode - Switch between default Flip mode and Slide mode.
- Shadow Depth - This setting allows you to control the shadow depth between the spreadsheet’s pages. You can also completely disable the shadow if you feel like it affects your content integrity.
- Page Numeration Offset - You can choose the page that would have the number 1 in your book; all previous pages will be labeled with Roman numerals.
- Hardcover – With this setting turned on, your flipbook will look like a hardback book.
- Book Thickness - Enable this setting to give your book a more authentic print-like look.
- Link Highlighting – With this setting enabled, all embedded links on a page would highlight once it is opened.
- Right-to-left – This option allows you to set page-flipping direction in case your flipbook is in an RTL language.
- Searchable on Google – With this setting turned on, your flipbooks will be indexed by Google and other search engines.
Save flipbook settings
Once you have configured the settings for your flipbook, you can save them by pressing the Finish button. Alternatively, you can press the Discard button to return to the list of your flipbooks without saving changes.
Save flipbook settings as default
Your flipbook settings can be saved as default for future and existing uploads. This can come in handy if you need to create several flipbooks sharing a common style and preferences. You won’t have to select your settings manually, which can save you time and effort.
There are two ways to apply your flipbook's settings as default. The first one is to do that directly from the Customize menu:
- Click the small triangle to the right of the Finish button and tick the box Make settings default for future flipbooks
- Press the Finish button. You will be automatically redirected to the list of your flipbooks
The other way is to save settings as default directly from your account:
- Open the list of your flipbooks.
- Hover over the flipbook you'd like to change and choose the Save settings as default option from the three-dot button menu:
- Apply the settings to existing books in the current folder or future flipbooks (regardless of the folder). Or both at the same time:
Details to be aware of when saving your flipbook settings as default:
- When a Lead Capture Form is used, and it is placed on the page which is not available in your new flipbook, the form will appear on the last page.
- Default settings will apply to your new uploads only. If you want to apply settings to all your past flipbooks in the same folder, go back to Flipbooks page, click on the three dots button next to the flipbook you'll take the default settings from and select the option Save settings as default.
- If you saved settings from a book in one folder as default for all future flipbooks, and then went to a second folder and saved settings from a book there as default for all future flipbooks too, the settings from the second folder will take precedence over for all new books regardless of the folder.
Note! You cannot save default settings for Right-to-left page flip direction, flipbook name, and custom domain (if you have Multiple Custom Domains).
This is all for now about flipbook settings. Thank you for reading!
Would you like to add videos, links and images to your flipbook to make it even more interactive? Learn how to do it with the Content Editor.