65% of your users open your PDFs on mobile devices. Thus, all your Flippingbook Online catalogs, brochures, magazines, and books are available to your clients and business partners not only on desktop but also on mobile devices. The flipbooks you create can be easily opened on mobile phones and tablets.
We’ve made sure your readers can fully enjoy flipbooks with a clean design and a smooth page flip effect on their mobile devices. The same goes for the publications on their desktops.
However, the ways your flipbooks appear on your desktop and on mobile devices are different. Below you can find how your publication looks on mobile devices.
This is how it looks on your smartphone:
And here is how it looks on a tablet:
As you see, the interface is hidden by default. To check all the pages of your flipbook, click on the square icons at the bottom:
You will be able to surf through your flipbook there. Just click on the preview of a page you want to open, and you will be transferred there.
Note! Your clients will have a two-page view in the landscape mode on mobile devices, which will improve their reading experience. However, the same will not be possible in portrait mode.
If your flipbook has a table of contents, you can open it by clicking at the top left "hamburger" button:
After that, click on the section of your flipbook you want to open.
If you want to download the whole PDF or a certain page, you can do that as well. Please, follow the steps below:
- Click on the top left button.
- Click on Save at the bottom.
- Choose either Full Publication or Current Page.
- Choose Download.
Also, if you need to find a word or expression in your flipbook, you can use the option Search:
Just click on the magnifying glass icon at the top and enter your text.
All the matches will appear below.
You'll find some of the functions to be unavailable when it comes to mobile devices and tablets. The full list of such functions includes:
- Share. It's absolutely possible to share the link to a flipbook from your mobile device in most browsers, so we don't have a separate Share button for that.
- Print. Printing is also a feature our mobile flipbooks don’t have. Yet, similar to sharing, you can still access it directly from most browsers.
- Notes. It is impossible to add or edit Notes at the moment. Yet we are working hard towards providing you with the most seamless experience possible, so expect the feature to be added to the mobile flipbooks in the future as well.
- Sound. There's no flipping sound effect present in our mobile flipbook, so there's basically nothing to control in the first place.
- Fullscreen. It's impossible to go fullscreen on mobile devices, though some browsers allow you to minimize the interface to get as close to the fullscreen experience as possible.
Also, we’ve added another feature that will improve the reading experience on mobile devices. Now you can double-tap on any text to adjust it to the screen width. This feature will be especially useful if you have only one hand free.
Your texts will always look crisp and clear on any mobile device that we support and on any screen – from a smartphone to a 4K display. You can read both with and without zooming with the same sharp and clear result.
To make this possible, we’ve worked hard on reinventing the technology behind the FlippingBook mobile publication. We now use vector graphics for text which can be scaled to any size you want without losing quality.
If you created any flipbooks before 2018, you can easily update them to get vector text in them as well.