All your Flippingbook Online catalogs, brochures, magazines, and books are immediately available on mobile devices. In fact, 65% of users open your PDFs on mobile devices, so you will effectively communicate to the majority of your audience.
We’ve made sure your readers can fully enjoy flipbooks with a clean design and a smooth page flip effect on phones and tablets. The same goes for the publications on their desktops.
However, the ways your flipbooks appear on your desktop and on mobile devices are different. Below you can find how your publication looks on mobile devices.
This is how it looks on your smartphone:
And here is how it looks on a tablet:
As you see, the mobile interface is more compact. To check all the pages of your flipbook, click on the square icons at the bottom:
You will be able to surf through your flipbook there. Just click on the preview of a page you want to open, and you will be transferred there.
Note! In landscape mode your flipbook will be displayed as a two-page spread, unless One-page Flip or Slide Mode are enabled. In portrait mode, the book is always shown in a one-page view.
Other main element of the interface is a “hamburger” button in the upper-left corner.
From there your readers can navigate your book via Table of Contents (if it is present) by tapping on its items.
The “hamburger” menu also contains a Download section. If you want to download the whole PDF or a certain page, follow the steps below:
- Open the "hamburger" menu.
- Tap on Download option at the bottom of the screen
- Choose either the Full Publication or Current Page option.
If you need to find a word or expression in your flipbook, you can use the Search option:
Just click on the magnifying glass icon in the upper-right corner and enter your text.
All the matches will appear below.
You'll find some of the functions to be unavailable when it comes to mobile devices and tablets. The full list of such functions includes:
- Share. It's absolutely possible to share the link to a flipbook directly from your mobile browser, just like you share any other link, so we don't have a separate Share button for that.
- Print. Printing is also a feature our mobile flipbooks don’t have. Yet, similar to sharing, you can still access it directly from most browsers.
- Notes. It is impossible to add or edit Notes at the moment. Yet we are working hard towards providing you with the most seamless experience possible, so expect the feature to be added to the mobile flipbooks in the future as well.
- Sound. There's no flipping sound effect present in our mobile flipbook, so there's basically nothing to control in the first place.
- Fullscreen. It's impossible to go fullscreen on mobile devices, though some browsers allow you to minimize the interface to get as close to the fullscreen experience as possible.
- Select Text. For now, it is not possible to select and copy text from the flipbook on mobile devices.
Also, we’ve added another feature that will improve the reading experience on mobile devices. Double-tap on the screen with one finger to zoom in and out. This feature will be especially useful if you have only one hand free.
Your texts will always look crisp and clear on any mobile device that we support and on any screen – from a smartphone to a 4K display. You can read both with and without zooming with the same sharp and clear result.
To make this possible, we’ve worked hard on reinventing the technology behind the FlippingBook mobile publication. We now use vector graphics for text which can be scaled to any size you want without losing quality.
- Do you want to see how many users actually browsed your flipbooks on mobile devices, as well as other info about your audience? Check out our article What can I track using Google Analytics?
- The readers will notice your flipbook's URL in the address bar. Do you want to improve your brand presence by adding a custom domain? Here's how it can be done.