If you buy additional workstations for FlippingBook Publisher Professional and Business, you can use the software from several computers and be used by different users. There are two ways to do this:
- You can give your FlippingBook credentials to other users, using a common account. That is the easiest way to collaborate, especially when you work on FlippingBook Cloud. You and your colleagues share the same set of publications.
- You can create additional accounts for extra users, so everyone has his own login and password. If you use FlippingBook Cloud, then every user can only work with his own projects on the Cloud. You can only collaborate on projects if you explicitly share them. (If you don’t use FlippingBook Cloud, then there is no noticeable difference).
The first option is very easy and requires no additional set-up. The second option requires a bit more work.
When to create additional users?
When you buy a license, your account is called the superuser. If you buy additional workstations, then you as a superuser can create subusers.
The main differences between superuser and subusers can be described as follows:
- Only the superuser can create subusers. Subusers cannot create additional users.
- Only the superuser can buy/renew additional services (e.g. Support, Updates and Unlimited cloud usage) and see your Billing history.
- Both superusers and subusers can create their own publications on Cloud. These publications will work normally, but by default, users cannot see each others publications in the software. (Even the superuser cannot see the subusers publications!)
- Users can share publications with each other in the software, using the Teamwork feature (available in Business Edition only!). This way, users can collaborate on the same publication.
So whether or not to use subusers depends on your circumstances. It is advisable if:
- You want to restrict the ability to renew the license to a single person.
- Your corporate policy requires every user to log in with his own credentials in all programs
- You don’t want users to be able to update/delete all publications on FlippingBook Cloud.
- You are working with an external party and you are providing temporary access to FlippingBook Publisher.
If none of the above applies, then we suggest using shared credentials. It is simpler to set up, and there is less room for confusion afterwards. If you only want to restrict the ability to renew the license to a single person, then you could also consider a mixed approach: you create a single subuser, and all users log in to the software with this account. You keep the superuser account to log in to our site for renewals.
Note!It’s not possible to change subusers to superuser and vice versa.
How to add/remove subusers?
Adding and removing subusers is very straightforward. Simply log in to https://flippingbook.com/account/software/teamwork.
To add a user, type his email address in the text box and click Add:
You will then see a pop-up where you can enter additional data and set a password.
When you click on Create user, a user we generate a new user in our database and send an email to that user with the download link. It is possible that no pop-up appears. In that case, a user is already present in our database (for example, if the user has create a trial account with us before). But we send an email to that address with the download link anyway.
To remove a user, simply click on the ‘Remove’ link.
Note!The amount of subusers that you can create is limited by the amount of additional workstations for your license!
How can subusers see my project and work with it?
As said, users by default can NOT see each others’ projects in the FlippingBook Cloud Manager. Even the superuser cannot see projects that other users create. Every user has his own set of projects, that only he/she can edit, update and delete.
If you want other users to be able to edit and update your projects, then you can share these projects with them using the Teamwork option in FlippingBook Publisher Business edition.
To give access to your publications to your coworkers, follow the steps below:
- Select one or more publications in FlippingBook Cloud Manager.
- Сlick on Teamwork in the menu.
- In a new window you will be asked to indicate which users you’d like to share your publication(s) with.
- Choose the users that you want to add and click on the button Save:
Next time your coworker checks the Teamwork folder on his FlippingBook Cloud manager the publication will be there.