Creating your first publication with FlippingBook Online is simple as our service is tuned to be easy and quick. There are just 3 basic steps: you upload your PDF file, choose a skin and then deliver the publication to your customers! Here you can find how you to work with your FlippingBook Online publication:
- Upload your PDF
- Customize and save your settings as default
- Deliver publication to your customers
- Monitor customer stats with Google Analytics
Let's see this process step-by-step:
- To create you first online publication go to your FlippingBook Online account
- Then click button «Upload PDF»
- In the new window — choose your source PDF file and click the button «Open»
So, the conversion is over. Now you can customize your publication. There are several things you can do. Click the «Customize» button to begin:
Choose the interface skin that best suits your content by clicking the Skin button:
The Branding tab (available with the Optimal and Advanced plans) grants you further customization options.
- Logo — Upload your own image to replace the FlippingBook logo on your publication’s interface, or remove it completely.
- Background Image — Use a custom image of your choice as a background for your publication, overriding your selected skin’s default one.
- Color Palette - This option allows you to set your own colors for navigation elements of your publication. Here you can learn how to change Color Settings for your publication.
- Favicon — This allows you to replace or remove the small icon which is usually displayed on your browser’s tab where your publication is opened.
With the Settings tab you may adjust some advanced settings of the interface:
- Bottom Menu — Enable/disable certain buttons on the bottom row: «Share», «Print» and «Download». Disabling any of these will render the appropriate function unusable.
- Navigation Tab — With this you may set the Table of Contents or Thumbnails Menu to be opened by default when your publication is loaded.
- Contacts Button — Here you may turn the Contacts button on/off and change its text and target URL data.
- Right-to-left — Allows you to set page flipping direction in case your publication is in an RTL language.
Saving custom publication settings as default
When customizing a publication, you can save your settings as default for future uploads. This may come in handy, if you create a lot of similar publications. With this new feature, you’ll no longer have to select your settings manually. Here are the steps you should follow to save your publication settings as default:
- Go to your profile and click on FB Online > Publications on the left-hand side.
- Find a publication you would like to customize in My Publications.
- Hover over the publication and choose the option Customize.
- Change settings to fit your needs and then go to Save at the top of the sidebar.
- Click on the small triangle to the right of the Save button and tick the box Make settings default for future publications.
- Click on Save.
From now on, your default settings will be the same as the ones in the publication.
Details to be aware of when using Make settings default option:
- when the Lead Capture Form is used and it is on the page which is not available, it will appear on the last page of your new publication.
- the default settings will apply to your new uploads only. So if you want to change the settings for your older publications, please, do it manually.
Note!You cannot save default settings for the Right-to-left pageflip direction and for publication name.
When the publication is ready to be shared — choose the publication and click «Share». In the new window you will have 2 options: sharing and embedding:
Easily sharing to popular social networks. The link is a web link directly to your publication, feel free to include it to your sales pitch email to your customers.
By clicking on social networks buttons you access easy sharing to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn or Pinterest.
We recommend to write a relevant description for your publication. You can change it by clicking + Description. It is used when sharing to social networks as a text that customers see placed with the publication cover. For example, here is how it will look on Facebook:
Also sometimes after sharing when you go to Facebook the new information doesn't show up for your publication. It means that Facebook has already cached the page information and the cache need to be refreshed.
To do that, please follow these steps:
- Go to this page: https://developers.facebook.com/tools/debug/
- Enter your publication URL and click Debug.
- On the second page click Scrap again.
This will make Facebook update the information in its cache.
When it’s time to add your publication to your own website, you’ll find layouts you can use and customize easily without having to know HTML. HTML code is provided to insert your publication to your own website. There are two basic layouts to embed a publication into a website: a Cover and an Interactive Publication
Cover is an actual first page of your publication with a small FlippingBook logo:
Cover is used on a website next to your content and is a great way to invite customers to check out your publication:
After clicking on the cover a pop-up window opens without leaving your website. Customers keep viewing your site even after closing a publication.
The best part is that publication feels like a part of your website showing relevant content to a customer.
An interactive publication is an actual publication that your customer can check on your website and have an actual flip-the-book experience.
Note! GA integration is available with Optimal and Advanced plans only.
Google Analytics is a web analytics service that will help you to track and to report publications’ traffic with the Optimal or Advanced plans.
Google Analytics shows high-level, dashboard-type data and more in-depth data further into the report set. You can identify unpopular pages in your FlippingBook Online publications, where visitors came from (referrers), how long they stayed and their geographical position. It also provides more advanced features, including custom visitor segmentation and much more.
Once you add Google Analytics to any of your publications it will conveniently start gathering information about all of your current and future publications. To start using Google Analytics for all your publications you first put your UA number for Google Analytics Tracking.