Flippingbook is a perfect way to convert a ready-to-go PDF into a flipbook. In case you don’t have a PDF yet, don’t worry! There are many tools to create one, like Microsoft Word or Google Docs. But for something more visual, take a look at Canva.
- What is Canva?
- Getting started
- Edit your document
- Download your PDF
- Upload your PDF to Flippingbook Online
What is Canva?
Canva is an online graphic design platform. You can use it to create pretty much anything, from social media memes to annual reports, and from greeting cards to product catalogs. Start from scratch or with one of the 1000s of templates. Then drag and drop your own text and graphics. With just a bit of effort and creativity, you can achieve professional-looking results quickly. Canva has a free plan to start with.
To start using Canva, simply sign up at Canva's sign up page and create an account.
When you have created your Canva account, click on one of the 4 templates we prepared for you. This will take you to Canva again and if you click Use template, you can get to work straight away. Canva creates a document from the template which you now can edit.
|Create a catalog|
|Create a brochure||Create a flipbook|
Edit your document
What’s next? Well, the most obvious thing is to change some of our placeholder texts with your own. Maybe even change the font or its size or the color. And Canva has lots of other design tools available:
- Add photos from Canva’s extensive collection to your publication with the Photos option in the menu on the left-hand side.
- Add your own images, using the Upload option.
- Insert some shapes from the Elements section - simple lines to divide sections, decorative stickers, but even advanced charts (you can edit the data directly!)
Pay attention to what you add in Canva – some content that you add (images, elements) is not free. These elements are marked with a small crown. When you hover over them, a ‘Pro’ icon appears. You can still add such elements, but you’d have to pay a fee to download your document as a PDF.
Download your PDF
To export your design from Canva in PDF-format (which you can then use to turn it into a flipbook) follow these steps:
- Click on the Download button in the top right corner.
- Click in the File type field and select PDF Standard
- Click on the Download button and wait while Canva generates your PDF.
- Depending on your computer settings, your PDF will now be saved in the ‘Downloads’ folder or opened immediately in your default PDF viewer.
Upload your PDF to FlippingBook Online
Now you can upload the PDF in your 'Downloads' folder to turn it into an online flipbook. If you need any detailed instructions, have a look at our article How to create your first flipbook with FlippingBook Online?
You can now enjoy all the perks that the flipbook format offers: of course, a lovely page flip effect and you can embed it seamlessly into your own website. But there are many other benefits:
- You can see how often your readers open your flipbook, what pages they actually look at, and for how long on the stats page.
- Our lead capture form allows your readers to leave their names, emails, and more.
- Flipbooks open immediately, without lengthy downloads, on any device. Ideal for sharing!
- Want to protect your content? You can prevent downloading and printing of your PDF and even password-protect your flipbooks.
- Make your content even more engaging by adding things like links and video in the Content Editor.
Have a good look at the result and if you like what you see, then it’s time to go back to Canva to finalize your document. Good luck!