This article has answers to the most common questions our users ask before subscribing to the FlippingBook Online service:
- How does it work?
- Why use a flipbook instead of a PDF?
- Do you use the right version?
- Why choose FlippingBook?
- Do you have any discounts?
- Do you have a free plan? Can I pay just for 1 publication?
- Refund policy
- How do payment and licensing work?
- How can I share my publication with my readers?
How does it work?
With FlippingBook Online you convert your existing PDF documents into online publications with a page flip effect. Just upload your PDF and we do the rest! After that, you can simply share the link to your online publication. Your readers will see it directly in their browser: on desktop and mobile devices.
FlippingBook Online is not a content creation tool. I.e., you don't start with an empty page and start from there. You will need existing content in PDF format. If you have existing content in other formats, then it's generally very easy to create a PDF from it. Don't have any content yet? Our blog post will help you to a flying start!
Why use a flipbook instead of a PDF?
- It's beautiful! Your catalog or brochure looks so much better with a crisp page flipping effect. You can even seamlessly embed it in your own webpages. No special viewer required! After spending so much time and money on creating your content, do you want it to end up as a boring link on your website that nobody downloads?
- SEO. Yes, PDFs are indexed by Google and the like, but they don't rank up very highly in search results. Flipbooks are native HTML5 documents. Every bit of text in your document can be indexed by search engines.
- Analytics. Have you ever wondered how often a reader opens your PDF? what pages they actually look at? For how long? Which links do they click? From which pages do they leave? Good luck finding out such crucial marketing information from a PDF! With HTML5 flipbooks you have this information at your fingertips!
- Be in control. So you have a new update to your PDF. What to do about those 12,836 copies that your readers have already downloaded? If you use an online flipbook then your users will always see the latest version. Downloading and printing are possible, but only if you say so.
- Fast. When sharing your online publication, all you need is a link. No problems with attachment sizes or 100MB downloads. And when your readers open it, they also can enjoy your content immediately. Your flipbook is loaded on demand in small chunks. Only the parts that your readers actually need are downloaded, just before they need them.
Do you use the right version?
You need to make sure that you are going to buy the right version of our product for your purposes. Do you want to self-host your publications? Or maybe you need to make your publications accessible for people with disabilities? Then you’d probably better use a desktop version of our software - Flippingbook Publisher
We recommend you to compare the main features of our desktop and online versions of the software and choose the one you really need.
Why choose FlippingBook?
- We offer the best quality publications - try to import your PDF into our software, and that of competitors. At first glance, they look similar, but take a good look! Look at the quality of the text, unzoomed and zoomed. Try to print, try to view on mobile.
Converting a PDF to flipping images is not that difficult. Keeping the same quality as the original PDF is very hard!
- We put the reader first - we spent a lot of time developing functions like table of contents and bookmarks/notes which really help your readers navigate through your content with ease. Our zoom function really zooms in so even the smallest content is readable.
- We offer the best customer service. Compare us with our competitors at https://www.g2crowd.com. There are a few decent companies, but there are also quite a few murky ones out there. We are one of the few who offer actual support - very few of our competitors have chat, and we suggest to try and contact them over phone or email.
- Our publications are GDPR compliant. Most of our competitors don't mention this at all, and if they do, then they talk about how they handle YOUR data in a GDPR compliant way but say nothing about how the publications themselves relate to GDPR.
Do you have any discounts?
Yes, If you choose to purchase an annual subscription, you save ~ 25% in comparison to a monthly subscription. We also have a 25% discount for a non-profit organization. Please check our pricing page to see prices in your currency.
Do you have a free plan? Can I pay just for 1 publication?
Unfortunately, we don’t have a free plan. And if you need our software for a single publication you will still have to subscribe on one of our plans. For example, our Starter plan allows you to have 10 publications at a time.
However, you can try FlippingBook Online Trial for free.
What is your refund policy?
Basically, you have two days (48 hours) to ask for a refund for subscriptions without providing a specific reason. After the two-day period, refunds are not guaranteed.
Some further information about our refund policy can be found here.
How do payment and licensing work?
FlippingBook Online is a subscription-based service. You can pay on a monthly or yearly basis. As long as your subscription is active, your flipbooks will be available to your users and you can create new ones. For monthly subscriptions, you can pay with a credit card. For yearly subscriptions, you can pay by credit card or bank/wire transfer/invoice. We also support several regional payment options!
Should you miss a payment, then don't worry. We won't immediately end your subscription. We will reach out to you and keep your account active for 14 days while we sort it out. Your readers won’t suffer from dead links because of that.
If you want to stop using our service, then you can cancel the subscription at any point in time to prevent further charges. When you cancel your subscription, your account will remain active for the time that you have already paid for. After that, your publications will go offline.
How can I share my publication with my readers?
We have 3 main ways of sharing your publication:
- by giving a direct link
- via social media (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn)
- embedding directly on your website
You can learn more about all of these methods in our How to Share an article.
Haven’t found an answer to your question? Send us a message — we’ll answer right away!