Starting with FlippingBook Publisher 2.4, Professional and Business editions allow embedding of YouTube, Vimeo and Wistia videos into publications.
To embed a video, first upload it to YouTube, Vimeo or Wistia services.
Now open your project in FlippingBook Publisher. Start adding video by clicking on the Insert media button > Insert video:
The Content Editor will open in the new window, overlapping your publication. Now you can embed a video.
A blue rectangle represents an area in which the video will appear. You can change its size or position on the page by dragging the corner with the mouse.
Please note the «Video Properties» tab in the left lower corner of the screen.
Here you can paste the video link or embed code in the Video URL field.
To copy this Video URL, open your video in Youtube or Vimeo and copy the URL of the video from the address bar of your browser.
If you have an account with Wistia, just open your video project there, open the video and copy the URL of your video from the address bar of your browser at the top of the web page:
For every video you can set the following properties individually:
- Aspect Ratio defines the relation between the width and the height of your thumbnail. 16:9 and 4:3 are fixed formats. This means that if you increase the width then the height is also increased correspondingly. If you select Custom, then you can set the size anyway you like.
- Autostart means that the video will automatically start playing when your users click on the video link. When you deselect this, then your users will have to manually press the play button in the pop-up player to start playing the video.
- The Preview Image (appears for the Pop-up window Display Mode only) will show the Youtube/Vimeo thumbnail of your video in your publication if you set this to Thumbnail. If you set it to None then the area will be completely transparent apart from the ‘Play’ button. This is useful if your publication already contains a suitable image that you want to link to the video.
- The Video Display Mode which will allow you to indicate how you want your video to open in your publication. Actually there are 2 varians for that:
- Auto which give you an opportunity to play the video directly in your publication;
- Pop-up window which will open your video in a pop-up window.
Note! The display mode Auto will not work directly in your publication in some of the cases.
Here they are:
- if you open your publication on the smartphones that run iOS mobile operating system;
- if you open your publication in Safari on desktop;
- if you video is located in the middle of a wide page;
- if the height of your video is less than 144 pixels. Also this size can change if you resize the window of your browser.
Once you have finished placing and setting your video, you can simply close the Content Editor and FlippingBook Publisher will save the changes automatically.
The video will start playing once a reader clicks on it.
Also, kindly note that FlippingBook Publisher 2.9.30 and later includes a very convenient highlight mode for all your interactive elements - links, videos and pop-ups. Here is how it works - when the user clicks on any blank spot on the page, all interactive elements on the page are highlighted. Another click on the page hides them.
This feature can make your publication much easier to work with.