Professional and Business editions of FlippingBook Publisher allow embedding of YouTube, Vimeo, and Wistia videos into flipbooks.
Note!FlippingBook Publisher Basic doesn't have the option to embed YouTube, Vimeo, and Wistia videos.
To embed a video using your Professional or Business edition of Publisher, first upload it to YouTube, Vimeo or Wistia services.
Now open your project in FlippingBook Publisher.
Start adding video by clicking on the Content Editor button.
Note! If you don't see the Content editor button most likely your version of FlippingBook Publisher is not up-to-date. Please, update it or add your video by using the button Insert Media > Insert Video.
The Content Editor will open in the new window, overlapping your publication.
Now you can embed a video by choosing the Video option in on the left:
Now you can embed a video.
A blue rectangle represents an area in which the video will appear in your flipbook. You can change its size or position on the page by dragging its corners with the mouse.
Please note the Video Settings window in the left lower corner of the screen.
Here you can paste the video link or embed code in the Video URL field.
To copy this Video URL, open your video in Youtube or Vimeo and copy the URL of the video from the address bar of your browser.
If you have an account with Wistia, just open your video project there, open the video and copy the URL of your video from the address bar of your browser at the top of the web page:
For every video you can set the following settings individually:
- Aspect Ratio defines the relation between the width and the height of your thumbnail. 16:9 and 4:3 are fixed formats. This means that if you increase the width then the height is also increased correspondingly. If you select Custom, then you can set any size you like.
- Autostart will start playing the video automatically when your users open the page with it. When you deselect this, then your users will have to manually press the play button in the pop-up player to start playing the video.
- Preview Image will show the Youtube/Vimeo thumbnail of your video in your flipbook if you set this to Preview from the video. If you will Remove Image then the area will be completely transparent apart from the ‘Play’ button. This is useful if your publication already contains a suitable image that you want to link to the video. You can also select a custom image as a preview.
- Video Display Mode which will allow you to indicate how you want your video to open in your publication. Actually there are 2 variants for that:
- Auto which gives you an opportunity to play the video directly in your publication;
- Pop-up window which will open your video in a pop-up window.
Note! The display mode Auto will not work directly in your publication in some of the cases.
Here they are:
- if you view your flipbook on an iOS smartphone;
- if you open your book in Safari on a desktop;
- if your video is located in the middle of a wide page;
- if your video is less than 144 pixels wide or less than 100 pixels high. (Note that the size of pages is changed dynamically, affecting the video as well. This means that if your users resize the window of their browser or view on a screen with a different resolution, then this will affect the size of the video and thus the behavior)
Once you have finished placing and setting your video, you can simply close the Content Editor and FlippingBook Publisher will save the changes automatically.
The video will start playing once a reader clicks on it.
Also, kindly note that FlippingBook Publisher 2.9.30 and later includes a very convenient highlight mode for all your interactive elements - links, videos, and pop-ups. Here is how it works - when the user clicks on any blank spot on the page, all interactive elements on the page are highlighted. Another click on the page hides them.
This feature can make your publication much easier to work with.