Embedding is a technique to insert one web page into another. This is an excellent way to show your FlippingBook Publications as if they are a seamless part of your own website. For example, you can view our showcase flipbook ‘Coven magazine’ in a new tab by clicking on this link https://flippingbook.cld.bz/coven-magazine. But you can also embed it to your webpage, as in the example you see below:
If you use our recommended embed code, then when your readers open your page:
- On a desktop computer, they will see the full publication
- On a mobile device, they will see a clickable image of the cover page. When the reader taps the cover, it opens the flipbook in a new browser tab.
The basic steps to embed a publication:
- Open your (online!) publication in a browser.
- Click the ‘Share’ button.
- Open the ‘Insert to Site’ tab on the Share window
- Specify the size of your publication (the example above has a width of 790 and a height of 630).
- Press the ‘Copy’ button.
- Now go to your Content Management System to edit the page which you want to embed your FlippingBook on, and paste the copied code in the correct place. How this is done exactly depends on your content management system. Typically you will have to use an option like ‘Insert code’, ‘Embed code’, or ‘Insert HTML’. Other CMSs will allow you to edit the HTML code directly. If in doubt, please contact your website administrator or the CMS documentation.
Tip! If you are not happy with the size of your embedded flipbook, then you can change the numbers directly in the code in your CMS. You don’t have to go back to the ‘share’ window.
In the video below, you can see an example of the whole procedure, where we use the ‘Weebly’ CMS to embed a FlippingBook into another page.