Embedding your publication allows your readers to view the content of your publication without leaving your webpage! This can be useful when you want to keep your customers on your website. You can embed either a thumbnail preview or the whole interactive publication. All it takes is pasting a short piece of code into your web page.
This article covers the following topics:
- Getting embed code
- Embedding an interactive publication
- Embedding a cover
- What happens to my embedded publications if my subscription expires?
- Related articles
Getting embed code
To embed your publication into your website, you need to get embed code first. Here is how you can do it:
- Go to the publications section in your FlippingBook Online account.
- Hover over your publication and click on the Embed button
- In the pop-up window choose </> to your website tab:
- Click on +Options to select embedding options. Here you get to choose if you want to embed an Interactive publication or a Cover:
- Click on Copy code to copy the embed code to clipboard
- Next, go to your Content Management System (CMS) to add this code to your web page. The exact way to do it depends on your CMS. You may need to insert the code in the correct place in the HTML page.
Note! Embedding publications requires you to have access to your website’s CMS and knowledge about using it.
- Finally, re-publish your page to your server.
As it is shown above, there are two ways to embed your publication into a website:
- Interactive publication: embeds the full publication with page-flipping effect
- Cover: embeds a small clickable cover, advisable if you don’t have enough space to embed a full publication
Let’s check out these two options separately.
Embedding an interactive publication
This option allows you to embed a fully interactive publication. It will be displayed like this when embedded into your page:
The Size setting, under Options, allows you to set the desired width and height of the embedded publication. Changing this preference will change the embed code accordingly.
Once you have embedded your publication into your website, make sure it works and that it can be easily read. Otherwise, you might need to increase the size of the embedded publication.
Note! Your Interactive publication will work fine if its width exceeds 550px and its height exceeds 300px. However, the publication will be displayed in the Click to Read mode, if its size is smaller than or equal to 550px in width or 300px in height.
Embedding a cover
This option embeds a small 250×188px thumbnail of the publication cover. If you choose Cover, here’s how it will look on your page:
You can set the publication to be opened in a pop-up window or a new tab when the cover thumbnail is clicked. To choose the way your publication should open, just go to +Options > Cover > View Behaviour and select the preferred option.
Note! Your publication will be displayed in the Cover mode if its size is less than 400px in width or 200px in height.
What happens to my embedded publications if my subscription expires?
Any content that you upload to FlippingBook Online is available as long as your subscription is active. When you embed your publication to your website, you don’t create a copy of it. You actually create a small window which directly shows your publication on FlippingBook Online on your page. This means that when you end your subscription (or stop paying for it), your publications will go offline and stop working when either embedded or accessed directly. We recommend ensuring that your subscription is active and your payment information is valid. You may check your current subscription status and resume it in your user account.
If you want to embed your publication into Wordpress, please check the article Embedding publication to your WordPress.