Embedding your publication allows your customers to view the content of your publication without leaving your webpage. This can be useful when you want to keep your customers on your website. You can either embed a thumbnail preview or the whole interactive publication.
Note! Embedding publications requires you to have access to your website’s CMS and proficiency in using it.
If you want to embed your publication in your website, follow the steps below:
- Go to the “publications” section in your FlippingBook Online account.
- Select the desired publication from the list of your publications.
- Click on the “Embed” button.
4. Choose “</> to your website” to embed your publication to your own website:
5. After that, press the “Copy Code” button.
6. Go to your Content Management System to add this code to your HTML page. How this is done exactly depends on your CMS. You may have to paste the code in the correct place in the HTML.
7. Then, re-publish your page to your server.
If you want to embed your publication into Wordpress, please check the article “Embedding publication to your WordPress”.
To change the embedding options and the type of embedding, you should use +Options feature. Here is where you can find it:
As it is shown above, there are two ways to embed your publication into a website:
- Interactive publication: embeds the full publication with page flipping effect
- Cover: embeds a small clickable cover, advisable if you don’t have enough space to embed a full publication
Let’s check out these examples separately.
This option allows you to embed a fully interactive publication. It will be displayed like this once you’ve embedded it in your page:
The Size setting, under Options, allows you to set the desired width and height of the embedded publication. Changing this preference will change the embed code accordingly.
Once you have embedded your publication into your website, make sure it works and that it’s possible to read it. Otherwise, you may need to make the size of the embedded publication bigger.
Note! Your Interactive publication will work fine if its width exceeds 550px and its height exceeds 300px. However, the publication will display in the Click to Read mode, if its size is smaller than or equal to 550px in width or 300px in height.
This option embeds a small 250×188px thumbnail of the publication’s cover. If you choose Cover, here’s how it’ll look on your page:
You can set the publication to be opened, from clicking the thumbnail, in a pop-up window or new tab. To do this, just go to +Options > Cover > View Behaviour and choose the way that you want your publication to open.
Note! Your publication will display in the Cover mode if its size is less than 400px in width or 200px in height.
What happens to my publications if my subscription expires?
Any content that you upload to FlippingBook Online is accessible as long as your subscription is active. When you embed your publication to your website, you don’t create a copy of it. You actually create a small window which directly shows your publication on FlippingBook Online on your page. This means that when you end your subscription (or stop paying for it), your publications will go offline and stop working when either embedded or accessed directly. We recommend ensuring that your subscription is active and your payment information is valid. You may check your current subscription status and resume it in your user account.