How to set up Google Analytics for my flipbooks?
With Google Analytics, you can get detailed information on how your readers interact with your flipbooks. The collected information will help you enhance the content to make the flipbooks more engaging and improve your marketing. The article will require some time from you. So if something is not clear or you feel overwhelmed, do not hesitate to contact the support team.
You can use Google Analytics only in Optimal and higher plans. In Team and Enterprise plans, you need to be the account owner to set up Google Analytics.
In FlippingBook Online, you set up Google Analytics (GA) for all flipbooks in your account at once. There is no option to use different measurement IDs for individual flipbooks.
To start tracking flipbooks you need to do two things:
- Create a Google Analytics account and a Google Analytics ID
- Connect Google Analytics ID to your FlippingBook Online account
Create a Google Analytics account and Google Analytics ID
If you already have a GA account with a Google Analytics ID, you can jump to this section about connecting the Google Analytics ID to a FlippingBook Online account. No GA account yet? Start from step 1 to set it up:
- Go to Google Analytics and click on the Get started today button in the top right corner of the page.
- Sign in with your existing Gmail address or create a new one.
- Click the Start measuring button.
- Specify your new account name and click Next
- Specify the property name of your choice. In our example, we use "FlippingBook Online flipbooks"
- Provide information about your business (optional) in the About your business step. Click Next
- Accept the Google Analytics Terms of Service Agreement by clicking on the I accept button
- You will be redirected to the Data Streams settings. Choose Web platform, enter online.flippingbook.com as a Website URL, and add a name for your ID.
- Click Create Stream, and you will see Measurement ID – a GA4 ID you need to enter in FlippingBook Online.
Connect the Google Analytics ID to your FlippingBook Online account
You need to have at least one flipbook in your FlippingBook Online account to connect flipbooks to your GA account. Follow these steps:
- Open your FlippingBook Online Account
- Hover over any flipbook in your account and click on View stats
- Click on the Google Analytics button
- In the pop-up window paste the Google Analytics ID number (that begins with UA- or G- ) that you copied from your GA account. Click Save. You can add up to 5 different tracking IDs separated by commas here.
You are all set! Next, explore various statistics you can trace in your flipbooks.
Note! The stats report will only show up in the real-time report at first. It takes around 24 hours before they become available in other reports.