Note!GA integration is available in Optimal and higher plans only. If you use our Team or Enterprise plans, you will have to be the owner of the account to set up Google Analytics.
So, you’ve shared your flipbook, but it’s not over yet! An important component of successful content marketing is tracking customers' engagement so you can provide more of what your customers want and less of what they don’t.
FlippingBook Online offers a convenient way to set up Google Analytics centrally. All your flipbooks will be tracked in the Google Analytics account(s) that you specify. To see the stats you first need to register with Google Analytics.
- If you already have a Google Analytics account with Universal Analytics (UA), you can directly proceed to step 7.
- No Google Analytics account yet? Just start from step 1 to set it up.
1. Go to Google Analytics and click on the Start for free button:
2. Log in to the system using your existing Gmail address or create a new one:
3. Click the Sign up button:
4. After setting up your account start creating your first tracker (property) on the next step. Fill in the Property name – the name of your tracker and click on Show advanced options:
5. Enable the option Create a Universal Analytics property, enter online.flippingbook.com as a Website URL, and choose the setting Create a Universal Analytics property only
If you are not redirected to the page with the UA tag automatically, open the Tracking Info section in the menu pane (as seen in the screenshot above) for your property to see it.
7. Open your FlippingBook Online Account
8. Hover over any flipbook in your account (you need to at least one flipbook to set up GA!) and click on Stats. Depending on your screen size, the Stats button will be directly available or on narrower screens be moved to the More-menu.
9. Click on the Google Analytics button.
10. In the pop-up window paste the UA number that you copied from your Google Analytics account. Click Save.
You can add up to 5 Google Analytics trackers to your FlippingBook Online account.
After you have set up Google Analytics for your FlippingBook Online, you’ll see how many customers are engaged with your flipbooks. FlippingBook Online’s open- and click-tracking tells you how many people looked at your catalog. For example, on which links or pages they clicked, their geolocation, and much more. You can click on the Events section to dig further or create specific reports.
The stats report will normally be available within a few hours, but it might take up to 24 hours sometimes. Some information can be viewed in real-time mode.
That's it! To see what exactly can you check in the stats, read the article What can I track using Google Analytics?.