With Google Analytics, you can get detailed information on how your readers interact with your flipbooks. The collected information will help you enhance the content to make the flipbooks more engaging and improve your marketing. The article will require some time from you. So if something is not clear or you feel overwhelmed, do not hesitate to contact the support team.
You can use Google Analytics in Optimal and higher plans only. In Team and Enterprise plans, you need to be the account owner to set up Google Analytics. We do not support Google Analytics 4. You will need to create a Universal Analytics property but without Google Analytics 4. See instructions below
In FlippingBook Online, you set up Google Analytics (GA) for all flipbooks in your account at once. You cannot set up analytics only for one or several flipbooks. To start tracking flipbooks you need to do two things:
- Create a Google Analytics account and a Universal Analytics tracking ID (UA)
- Connect the UA to your FlippingBook Online account
If you already have a GA account with a UA, you can jump to this section about connecting the UA to a FlippingBook Online account. No GA account yet? Start from step 1 to set it up:
- Go to Google Analytics and click on the Start for free button in the top right corner of the page
- Log in to the system using your existing Gmail address or create a new one
- Click the Start measuring button
- Specify your new account name and click Next
- Create a Universal Analytics property to get a UA tracking ID:
- Specify the property name of your choice. In our example, we use "FlippingBook Online flipbooks"
- Click on Show advanced options
- Enable Create a Universal Analytics property
- Enter "online.flippingbook.com" in the Website URL field. Enable Create a Universal Analytics property only. Click Next
- Provide information about your business in the About your business step. Click Next
- Accept the Google Analytics Terms of Service Agreement by clicking on the I accept button
- You will see a page with the Tracking ID. Copy this number. This is your Google Analytics UA number that you will need to use in FlippingBook Online. If you cannot see the UA number, open Tracking Info > Tracking code in the left menu pane
You need to have at least one flipbook in your FlippingBook Online account to connect flipbooks to your GA account. Follow these steps:
- Open your FlippingBook Online Account
- Hover over any flipbook in your account and click on View stats
You may need to click on More > View stats if the window is small
- Click on the Google Analytics button
- In the pop-up window paste the UA number that you copied from your GA account. Click Save. You can add up to 5 different UA tracking numbers separated by commas here.
You are all set! Next, explore various statistics you can trace in your flipbooks.
Note! The stats report will be available within a few hours. But it may take up to 24 hours sometimes.