Your FlippingBook publications by default contain menu bars above and below your publications. You can configure which items appear in these menu bars to control how your users can interact with your publications.
To change the menu items, go to the Controls pane. Most of the items are checkboxes that control whether or not an icon is available in your publication. If you uncheck a box, then the corresponding item becomes unavailable in the menu bar.
In the example below we have disabled the Print and Downloads options. The icons are no longer visible in the bottom menu:
Below we will describe how to change the:
The following options in the Controls pane affect the top bar:
- Search toggles the search field.
- Top Bar removes all the Items in the top bar completely.
- Total pages removes the indicator showing the total number of pages.
- Bottom Menu toggles the entire bottom menu, removing all icons from the interface.
- Notes allows you to create a bookmark with a comment. This is a kind of 2-for-1 deal: both a bookmark and a note-taker. It will work fine for reviewing documents, jotting down important info, and adding comments. To make it work, please, right-click to place a note anywhere on the page, write down your ideas there and click on Save.
- Share toggles the sharing icon that allows users to share your publication on Social Media.
- Print toggles the Print icon which users can click to print (pages from) your publication.
- Download toggles the icon that allows users to download files. To specify which files users can download, go to Main Settings and click the ‘...’ button after Files for Download.
- Fullscreen toggles the fullscreen icon that your users can click to remove the browser’s interface.
- Sound enables/disables sounds for your publications.
- Slideshow toggles the icon between previous and next page. User can use it to start slideshow mode, which automatically takes them to the next page after a few seconds. You can customize the settings of this feature by clicking on the link Customize. Here are the settings you can change:
1. Autostart - enable/disable autostart of your slideshow when the page is opened.
2. Loop Slideshow - enables you to view your publication pages in a continuously looping slideshow.
3. Time Interval for Page (seconds) - allows you to change the time interval in between two slides.
- Zoom button allows your users to zoom in and get a close-up view of your content. Disabling this button removes this icon and stops all ways for your users to zoom in.
- Table of Contents appears only if a Table of Contents is present for your publication. You can create this manually but if your imported PDF already contained one, then it is imported automatically. You can deselect the checkbox to stop the icon from appearing.
- Thumbnails shows miniature preview pages of your publication. This option gives your users a visual aid to navigate through your publication. However, if your publication contains mainly text, then this may not be very helpful and you can disable it.
- The Side Window option allows you to show any of the three side windows mentioned above to appear automatically when your publication is opened.