It is important to choose the right background image to match your publication content.
If you apply one of the standard skins to your flipbook, the background image of the skin is used. However, it can be easily changed.
Keep on reading if you would like to learn more about:
- Steps to change the background image
- Background Placement options
- Background image recommendations
- Related articles
Steps to change the background image
Note! If you want to change your flipbook background, please, make sure you have an alternative background image saved on your computer.
Here is how you can change the background image:
- Go to the Settings tab.
- Click on the Appearance section to expand it.
- Click on the thumbnail image next to Background Image and choose Select Image:
- Browse to the directory where you have your background image saved, select your image, and click Open.
Background Placement options
You can configure the Background Placement setting to specify how your background image should be used on different-sized screens. This setting can be found on the Settings tab in the Appearance group:
You can choose one of the following Background Placement options:
- Fill: When you use this option, the image is resized so that the complete screen is filled with your image while keeping its aspect ratio intact. This may mean that part of the image is cut off on some screens.
- Fit: This option resizes the image to fit completely on the screen, so every part of the image will be visible. Since we keep the aspect ratio intact, this may mean that part of the screen remains uncovered. It will be filled using the color set for the Window Background option.
- Tile: This option takes your image in its original size and puts it in the center of the page. If the image is larger than the available screen space, then parts are cut off. But if it is smaller, then the image will be repeated in a tiled pattern
Background image recommendations
Here are some recommendations on background image:
- Avoid using an image that is too small. If you are using any background placement option other than Tile, use an image around 1000-1700 pixels wide, otherwise, your image may get stretched out and become a bit blurry.
- Avoid using a large file for a background image (the recommended file size is around 100-300 KB). A large file (over 1 MB) can take longer to download, degrading the overall user experience
- If your image file is larger than 1 MB, resize it to around 1200 pixels wide and save it as JPG. JPG is much more efficient than other popular image formats.
Did you know that FlippingBook Publisher includes lots of options to customize the skin of your publication to your own taste? To find out more about these options, please, check our article Customizing the skin of your publications.