It is important to choose the right background image to match your publication content.
If you apply one of the standard skins to your publication, the background image of the skin is used. However, it can be easily changed.
Keep on reading if you would like to learn more about:
Steps to change the background image
Note! If you want to change your publication background, please, make sure you have an alternative background image saved on your computer.
Here is how you can change the background image:
- Go to the Settings tab.
- Click on the Appearance section to expand it.
- Click on the thumbnail image next to Background Image and choose Select Image:
- Browse to the directory where you have your background image saved, select your image, and click Open.
Background Placement options
You can configure the Background Placement setting to specify how your background image should be used on different-sized screens. This setting can be found on the Settings tab in the Appearance group:
You can choose one of the following Background Placement options:
- Fill: When you use this option, the image is resized so that the complete screen is filled with your image while keeping its aspect ratio intact. This may mean that part of the image is cut off on some screens.
- Fit: This option resizes the image to fit completely on the screen, so every part of the image will be visible. Since we keep the aspect ratio intact, this may mean that part of the screen remains uncovered. It will be filled using the color set for the Window Background option.
- Tile: This option takes your image in its original size and puts it in the center of the page. If the image is larger than the available screen space, then parts are cut off. But if it is smaller, then the image will be repeated in a tiled pattern
Did you know that FlippingBook Publisher includes lots of options to customize the skin of your publication to your own taste? To find out more about these options, please, check our article Customizing the skin of your publications.