With the Select Text feature, you can easily copy the text from your flipbook and paste it into some other document. You can also share it with someone else. We support all kinds of directions: left-to-right, right-to-left, and even bidirectional text - all could be selected on the fly.
If that’s not enough, then you can also share a link to a specific page with the pre-selected text on it. To do that, choose the option Copy link to selection after you’ve selected the text. When a reader opens the link it will get them to the specific page with the right text highlighted in blue. This is quite useful when you need to quickly share a piece of information with someone without the need for them to skim through the whole page. If you would like for the selection to go away, click anywhere in the flipbook or flip the page.
Note! You can’t select the text on mobile devices, but it’s still possible to view the highlighted text shared with you via the link there.
You can also select text while in zoom mode. To do that, press the Ctrl button (or Cmd on Mac) and you will notice your cursor to change, indicating that you can now select the text instead of dragging the page.
To quickly select all the text on the page, begin selecting it, and then press Ctrl+A combination.
The Select Text feature is available in all plans and the only restriction is that you can’t use it in Internet Explorer 11. The reason for this is that IE doesn’t support .svg files which we use for text layers so we’re forced to show you .png pictures of the on-page content instead.
The Select Text feature is enabled by default. However, it's possible to disable it in case you don't want the data from your flipbook to be copied anywhere else. To disable the feature follow these steps:
- Open the Flipbooks tab;
- Hover over the right flipbook and select the Customize option from the three-dot button menu:
- Click on the Controls group to expand it and disable the Select Text option;
- Apply the changes by clicking the Finish button in the top left corner of the Customize menu.
- Select Text isn't the only thing you can change in the flipbook. Consult with our article on what customization options we have available to know more.
- Disabling the Select Text feature isn't the only way to protect your data. Learn how to prevent your flipbook from being downloaded and printed.
- You can also change the privacy settings for your flipbook so it is only accessible to the people you want to.