One of the benefits of hosting your publications on FlippingBook Cloud is that it is possible to create collections of publications. One reason why this is useful is to distribute several flipbooks about a similar subject, say, from a specific year or for a particular audience. When you create a collection, we automatically create a bookshelf that contains all the publications in that collection. This way, your visitors can easily find on the bookshelf related publications that may interest them.
In this article you can find out how to:
- create a collection of publications
- add publications to a collection
- remove a publication from a collection
- change the order of publications in a collection
- change a publication's issue date
- Click on the FlippingBook Cloud button in the top menu.
- Click on Create New Collection in the menu on the left.
- Give your collection a name and press Create.
You have created a new collection. Now it’s time to add flipbooks to this collection.
After creating a collection, you can manage it by hovering the mouse over the collection name and opening the dropdown menu. The following options will appear:
"Open" will show you your collection in a browser.
"Share" will allow you to share this collection in the form of a bookshelf and get the code for embedding collection.
In "Settings" you can edit your collection name and URL:
And you can also delete your collection here by choosing the "Delete" option. This will just delete the collection, the publications themselves will not be affected — they will remain on FlippingBook Cloud.
- Click on My Publications in the left-hand menu.
- Select the flipbooks that you want to add to the collection.
- Click on the Add to Collection button that appears in the top menu bar after you have selected a publication and choose your collection from the dropdown box.
You can now open the bookshelf for all the publications in this collection in a browser: right-click on it and choose “Open” from the pop-up menu. The link will be your FlippingBook Cloud domain (read here how you can change that) plus the name that you gave to the collection.
To remove a publication from a collection:
- Select the collection in the My Collections section.
- Select the publication(s) to be removed by ticking the checkboxes before the name.
- Click on the Remove from Selection button in the top menu bar.
You can also change the order in which your flipbooks appear. Your most recent publications will be shown first in your bookshelf. Publications have an issue date and when a bookshelf is opened, they are displayed in descending order.
You can change the issue date to change the order. You can also use fictional dates, like future dates, to show more important publications first (or last). For example, if you have a ‘Main catalog’ that you want to keep in the top left corner, then change its issue date to, say, 1 January 2100.
- Click on your collection and select a publication.
- Click on the Settings button in the top menu bar.
- Go to the Issue tab.
- Change the Issue Date.
These are the basic steps to working with collections. Our more advanced article describes: