Do you want to share your product catalogs with ease, reach a wider audience, get more orders, and enrich your content? Then digital catalogs are your best choice.
Сatalogs are a fundamental tool for sales and marketing. And digital catalogs are as relevant as they have ever been. If you look at big corporations like Ikea or small home designers like BoConcept, you’ll see that both of them build their sales activities on catalogs. There are good reasons for that.
So what tools and tricks can you use for making a successful digital catalog? Let’s not waste another minute and get right to it.
The best tools for creating digital catalogs
You can create impressive and professional-looking product catalogs with ease. In the digital era, there are lots of useful design and product management tools for any skill level that can help you on your journey to creating and publishing a successful catalog:
- Lucidpress - a simple web graphic design app that allows you to keep and manage all your brand materials and use them when creating your digital catalogs. It features a wide variety of templates with customizable elements such as fonts, colors, and images. Look how to design a catalog in Lucidpress.
- Nuance Power PDF 3 - an easy-to-use software for Windows for creating and editing PDFs. You can build multiple page catalogs, create forms to gather information, or work on the same document in real-time with multiple people on the same network.
- Adobe InDesign CC - professional-level design software for PC and Mac. It’s the most widely used software for creating multi-page layouts, and the first choice for many marketers, designers, and publishers. Check out the complete guides from InDesign for beginners and experienced users.
- Catalog Machine - a product management solution that allows you to create a database for all possible products and services, add price lists, design templates, and finally publish and share catalogs. Learn more about how to create a product catalog here.
- Akeneo – a professional product information management solution where you can collect, manage and develop your product lists, create a product catalog, and distribute that catalog to your sales and eCommerce channels. Learn more about how Akeneo works.
If you have ready PDFs and want to digitize them, FlippingBook Online can be of great help. It’s an online service that allows you to create interactive web-friendly catalogs with smooth page-flip effect, great mobile experience, and easy navigation. FlippingBook offers a gallery of ready-made professional designs, custom colors and backgrounds, and an opportunity to add your own branding, videos, and links.
How FlippingBook helps you make efficient digital catalogs
FlippingBook digital catalogs are a great way to make your marketing and sales activities more efficient. Don’t forget that a catalog is your silent salesman: it can sell your products even when you’re not there to talk them up. Here are the easy steps you can follow to create the best possible catalogs.
Easily share your catalog with sales reps, clients, and dealers – you can share your digital catalog via email simply by sending a link to it, no matter how large it is. You can also post your catalog to social networks and embed it into your website to reach a wider audience.
Create easy navigation and search – make it easy for readers to quickly find what they are looking for. You can create a table of contents and enable text search so that your clients can easily navigate around your product catalog. No matter how many pages there are in your catalog, clients and sales reps can find anything they need in just a few seconds.
Check out the convenient navigation in this catalog: your readers can go to any section of the catalog from any page they want.
Make ordering products fast and easy – link items in your catalog to the products on your website so that people can buy them right away. This will make your catalog very convenient to use and increase orders.
For instance, your clients are looking through the catalog and want to buy something right away. Easy as pie - they can just click on the links under the products and go to your online shop in no time.
Enrich your content with interactivity – make the most of the digital format by adding videos with product descriptions and reviews and embedding GIFs that illustrate how your products or services work. This will make your content way more rich and engaging. Don’t forget to add links to your website and to other helpful resources so that your clients and sales reps have everything at their fingertips.
Make it mobile-friendly – mobile devices have become an integral part of our everyday lives and making your catalog easy to read on any device will bring you more views and sales. You should experiment with how your catalogs look on desktops, tablets, and smartphones and adjust them for a great reading experience.
Attract new clients and get more orders with your digital catalogs
Now you’re equipped with tools and tips to create a catalog that sells.
Putting catalogs online provides you with many benefits – products and services are available to even more clients, plus you save on printing and distribution costs. Salespeople and their clients can access online catalogs from anywhere, and they will always have the latest info at hand.
Plus, you can stand out from the crowd with catalogs that are easy to use, nice looking, and easy to read. Be sure that your catalogs give you a competitive advantage and will help you grow your business.
Do you create digital catalogs? What tools and tricks do you use? Let’s discuss in the comments below.
Create your catalog in secondsTry for free