FlippingBook Publisher supports Google Analytics, which allows you to collect detailed usage statistics for your publications, both Cloud-based and self-hosted.
If you already have a Google Analytics account, feel free to jump straight to step 11. Otherwise, you'd need to register with Google Analytics first:
- Go to Google Analytics and click the Start for free button in the top right corner of the page.
- Log in to the system using your existing Gmail address or create a new one
- Click the Start measuring button
- Specify your new account name and click Next
- Create a Universal Analytics property to get a UA tracking ID:
- Specify the property name of your choice. In our example, we use "FlippingBook Online flipbooks"
- Do NOT click Next yet - instead choose Show advanced options
In the advanced options, enable Create a Universal Analytics property
- Enter the URL for your own site in the Website URL field.
- If you use FlippingBook cloud, then enter your FlippingBook cloud domain (yoursubdomain.cld.bz).
- if you self-host, then enter the URL for your own website.
- Enable Create a Universal Analytics property only. Click Next
- Provide information about your business in the About your business step. Click Next
- Accept the Google Analytics Terms of Service Agreement by clicking on the I accept button
- You will see a page with the Tracking ID. Copy this number. This is your Google Analytics UA number that you will need to use in FlippingBook Online. If you cannot see the UA number, open Tracking Info > Tracking code in the left menu pane
- Once you have your UA number, type it into the special field in FlippingBook Publisher. Adding the number to an existing project will also require you to reupload/update the flipbook:
The collection of statistics will start as soon as you upload and will be available within ~ 24 hours.
To see what you can track, check our article What can I track using Google Analytics?