A well-designed booklet goes a long way in making the business it represents visible in the market. It provides a great platform for an information-rich and visually appealing product. And making digital booklets gives your company even more exciting opportunities to be in the spotlight.
Let’s talk today about the ways to empower your online booklets. We’ll start with a list of tools that can help you on the journey to creating and publishing your booklets. But first, let’s see what a digital booklet really is.
What is a Digital Booklet?
A digital booklet is an electronic publication that most often serves as promotional, marketing, and sales material for a company. It has an eye-catching design, interactive features, and contains useful information about the brand, its products, and services.
Usually, an online booklet is available as a direct link and is very easy to send via email, embed into a website, or share on social media. It’s an excellent way to empower your brand’s promotional strategy on the web.
List of Easy-to-Use Booklet Creators
- FlippingBook Online. An online booklet maker that allows you to turn PDF into PDF booklet with a great reading experience, smooth page-flip effect, and comfortable viewing on any device. FlippingBook offers a gallery of ready-made professional designs, custom colors and backgrounds, and an opportunity to enrich your content with interactive elements.
- Adobe InDesign CC. Professional-level design software for PC and Mac. It’s the most famous and widely used software for creating multi-page documents. It’s often the first choice for many marketers, designers, and publishers. Adobe InDesign CC offers seamless integration with Creative Cloud (e.g. Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat, etc), configurable paragraph and character styles, and page templates.
- Lucidpress. A PDF booklet creator online that lets you keep and manage all your brand materials and use them when creating your digital documents. It features a wide variety of templates with customizable elements such as fonts, colors, and images.
- Canva. A web design app that enables you to create digital booklets from PDF quickly and easily. It offers you a big library of templates, and all you have to do is choose the one you like and customize it according to your needs.
- Venngage. Booklet maker software that is mostly centered around various types of infographics, charts, tutorials, and more. So if you have a lot of data to share, Venngage helps you turn complex research into easy-to-understand and clean-looking product booklets and pamphlets.
How to Empower Your Digital Booklet
Here at FlippingBook, we enjoy looking at beautiful digital documents to get inspired. Recently we’ve found a digital booklet that we love and thought: why not use it as an example of how to make a booklet online? Let’s start right away.
# Engaging cover and design
The first selling point for every booklet is its front cover so be sure to make it professional-looking, memorable, and attractive. Digital booklets serve the purpose of advertising and should look presentable to grab the reader’s attention and convey the message of the brand.
A booklet we’re looking at is made by Ballard Power Systems, Inc., a provider of clean energy fuel cell products that enable optimized power systems for a range of applications.
The company created a digital booklet and crafted a beautiful neat cover for their document: the headline is clear and easy to read, and you can see the logo right away.
Make your own booklet
This online booklet’s design can be characterized by an integral minimalistic style and is built to show the status of the company. Such a design makes your content stand out and helps in leaving a lasting impression. The combination of various shades of the color blue (which is a brand color) gives a feeling of consistency and accuracy.
Look how amazing the background looks: all the gradients complement the blue colors of the headlines and images inside the booklet. The design is pleasant for the eye and creates an atmosphere of peace and confidence.
# Interactive Content
What is one of the main opportunities that comes with making booklets online? The ability to enhance your content with interactive elements like videos, GIFs, pop-up images, and links.
When you create a PDF booklet, you want to gather as much essential information as possible, but every format has its limits. That’s why embedding a video can be a great way to enrich your content.
Check out how Ballard did it: they added the main data in the form of bullet points and neat-looking icons. And by embedding a relevant video, they added value and showed their expertise. What’s more, bullet points and video help deliver information quickly and effortlessly because not many people take time to read long texts.
Static images are already a thing of the past. Nowadays images are used to enhance the reader’s understanding of the material you cover.
Converting PDFs to booklets online lets you do exactly this—you add a pop-up image that becomes a clickable high-resolution preview that allows readers to study all the details of your visual.
See how convenient it is to click on the pop-up image and learn more about the blue and green hydrogen. Creating a comfortable reading experience is what makes you win loyal clients.
You can make any content in your product booklet clickable: text, images, virtual phone numbers, or emails. Use all the options you have—create an interactive table of contents, include clickable in-text citations, link back to your website, blog, or other useful resources.
In our example, the links are used as references to the mentioned data. This shows your readers that your information and research can be trusted.
Plus, when you come to the last page, you see a CTA to read more so the interaction with the brand doesn’t stop here: the booklet gives your company a necessary push that it may require. And it’s an excellent way to promote your business.
Now you’re fully equipped with knowledge on how to make a digital booklet. No matter what types and sizes of professional booklets you create, they always add further dimensions to your business by spreading the word with their gorgeous designs. Digital booklets make the job of promoting any brand a lot easier so don’t hesitate to create booklets online and make them a part of your marketing and sales strategy.