Embedding flipbooks in email
One of the most convenient ways to share your publication is to do it by email. However, it depends on you whether your email messages will be left unnoticed or will work perfectly to reach your goal. You could use a plain link to your flipbook, but that looks a bit bland. Why not embed an (animated) clickable picture instead? It will not take much time to add it but will attract attention to your email and publication for sure.
Here is what your email message can look like with an embedded flipbook in it:
In this article, we will give you the general principle for embedding your publication in any email. We will also show you how to do this using Gmail, Mailchimp, and Outlook.
Here are the general steps to embed your flipbook in your email message:
- Take a screenshot of the 1st page of your publication (spread of the publication) or record a GIF with something like Chrome Capture - screenshot & gif tool. Learn how to perfect create the gif of your flipbook.
- Paste this picture or GIF into your email message.
- Link your picture to your flipbook link.
And below you can find the instructions for Gmail, Mailchimp, and Outlook. Please, read them and follow the steps.
Embedding flipbooks in Gmail
- Take a screenshot of the 1st page of your publication (spread of the publication) or record a GIF with something like Chrome Capture - screenshot & gif tool:
- Open your Gmail account and click on Compose on the left-hand side of the page.
- Once your Gmail message window is opened, go to the button Insert photo:
- Choose the screenshot (or GIF file) of your flipbook and paste it into your email message.
- Then select the image. You can do this by clicking on this picture and dragging the cursor left. When the image is blue, this means it has been selected:
- Click the link icon at the bottom of the Compose window. A small window will appear under the image showing you the option to change or remove the link. Choose the option Change:
- Enter the web address of your publication and click OK:
- After that, write any text you want and finish your email as usual.
This way your customers will be able to get your message with the embedded flipbook to enjoy.
Embedding flipbooks in Mailchimp
You can also add your publication in the Image +Text block of your email template via Mailchimp. To do this, follow these steps:
- Take a screenshot of the 1st page of your publicatio or record a GIF with something like Chrome Capture - screenshot & gif tool.
- Start creating your template as you usually do, click and drag the Image + Text block into your layout:
Сlick Browse to open the content studio and choose your GIF file or image you uploaded before. To use a file from your computer, click Upload, choose the GIF or image you want, and click Open.
- In the Content section of the Image Block choose the option Link and paste the link to your flipbook under the option Web address (URL) here:
- If you want your publication to open in a new window, put a tick in the Advanced options tab marked above.
- When done, click Insert.
- In the Settings tab, set Image position, Image Alignment and the Number of images:
- Then you can switch to the Text block. Write any text you want (you can even include the link to your publication again).
- When you’re done, choose the Save and Close button.
You can also add your flipbook using Image, Image card and Image group blocks. The process will be similar.
Embedding flipbooks in Outlook
If you want to embed your flipbook into your message in Outlook, please, follow the steps below:
- Take a screenshot of the 1st page of your publication (spread of the publication) or record a GIF with something like Chrome Capture - screenshot & gif tool.
- Start composing your email by clicking on the button New mail on the left-hand side of your Outlook page.
- Select the image icon from the toolbar to insert the picture inline:
- Click on the inserted image or Gif file and resize it the way you want by dragging it.
- To add a hyperlink, double-click the image and then click the link icon, Insert link and press OK:
- After that write any text you want to attract your customers using the Outlook message box and send your message by choosing the button Send.
Learn more about…