What will make digital content powerful in 2023? Beautiful language and clean design. Bright infographics and links to the newest research. Ability to engage and compel.
All of the above and even more. Because simply creating content isn’t enough. There’s already too much of it out there.
Here’s just one fact for you: 4 million blog posts are published on the Internet every single day. Imagine how many landing pages, articles, and emails are created right at this moment.
So what are the magic ingredients for successful digital content that stands out from the crowd? As a matter of fact, these are simple things:
- Put your clients at heart when creating content for your website, blog, social media, newsletters, etc.
- Sprinkle with honesty and frankness.
- Add things that are vital and valuable for your audience. That’s what they will love and appreciate.
Taking an extra effort to improve and empower your digital content may seem like a challenge at first. But it’s totally worth it. Even if you're not a designer, you can use an online tool like Placeit to help you create not only your brand from scratch but also visual and video content in minutes for your social media campaign.
Though it may sound simple, it still takes knowledge and practice to start creating strong and enticing content. That’s why today we decided to talk about the ways to empower your content and make it work for your business.
Good Writing Is Fundamental
Good writing matters a lot. It’s the basis for all your content marketing so make it strong and solid. Check out these tips for creating top-notch content.
- Take care of the basics: Always make sure that your grammar, tone of voice, citing practices, and formatting are of the highest quality. Use Grammarly to improve your writing, keep your voice consistent through all the channels, and don’t forget about clean formatting that makes reading your content more convenient.
- Include power words: Know what you want to say and how you want to say it. Enrich your content with power words and metaphors that help to connect with your audience on an emotional level, create a certain mood, and make your writing engaging and thought-provoking.
- Say a lot with a little: The more concise and easy to read your content is, the more power it has to entice your readers. Don’t use words that don’t have any value or don’t convey your message. Quality is more vital than quantity here.
Know Your Audience and Remember Your Goals
When you’re sure that you get all the basics right, it’s time to think about the ideas behind your writing.
So each time when creating digital marketing or sales content, keep two things in mind: your brand goals and what matters to your target audience.
Remembering these two factors will help you always create valuable content that is relevant to your readers (solves their problems, educates them, or gives useful tips) and that shows who you are and creates trust between you and your audience. That’s what gives your content its uniqueness and helps achieve your marketing goals.
Add Visuals and Interactivity
Digital content, even written with your clients in mind, can’t be outstanding without illustrations and interactivity. Plain text is no longer enough. So here are the main tips to empower your content with visual elements.
- Use more images: People tend to prefer pictures to text–images catch their eye, and they get the information they’re looking for faster. What’s more, we are great at remembering pictures. Three days after we hear something, we recall only 10% of it. But if we see a picture we will remember 65%. Visual content encourages people to learn more about your brand. So don’t hesitate to add images, photos, and infographics to make your content more enticing and easier to memorize.
- Enrich your content with interactivity: Interactive content helps you differentiate yourself from the competition and present the information in a fresh and unique way. FlippingBook, software and cloud service, can help you with creating interactive digital content. You can make professional-looking publications with a nice page flip effect. Add images, outbound links, and videos to your publications to make them more engaging, informative, and full of valuable knowledge. It’ll draw the attention of your readers and make your content exceptional.
For instance, check out how great your digital content can look when cover, colors, and background match each other ideally. And your clients can easily flip through pages and read your publications on any device.
Create a Promotion Strategy
Even the best content needs promotion to reach a wider audience and serve its purpose. Creating a content promotion strategy is essential to get your work noticed. Here’s how you can do it.
- Send new content to your email list so your clients know about the update right away. Email subscribers are a great audience to promote your marketing materials to because they’re already engaged and much more likely to share your content.
- Share your content on social media. You can create a series of posts to fully cover your content and look at it from the new angles.
- Advertise your content by creating Google AdWords or Facebook Ad campaigns. It will help you boost the initial awareness of your content.
- Create guest posts and pitch them to other sites that are relevant to your niche. Usually, you can include links in the content to the key pages on your site. Such backlinks can help increase your content’s popularity faster.
Powerful Digital Content Brings Success to Your Business
Taking an extra effort to improve and empower your digital content may seem like a challenge at first. But it’s totally worth it.
Why? Because your content represents your brand clients and prospects. The more open and honest you are, the better you can connect with your audience, help them solve their problems, and get what they want.
At the end of the day, your website visitors, blog, and social media readers are the ones who can become your prospects and clients and ultimately help you grow your business.
This article was originally published on the 2X blog.