If you are setting up a Google Analytics account for the first time, please check this article for detailed instructions.
After your publication with a UA-number is made available online, you will need to wait up to 48 hours while Google aggregates statistics.
Here’s what you will then be able to track:
- Number of views for each page, both normal and zoomed format, changing between pages.
- Number of unique visitors.
- Audience description.
- Traffic sources.
- link clicking
- saving PDF
- E-Commerce events:
- opening product window
- closing product window
- adding product to cart
- updating cart
When you open the Google Analytics Dashboard, Audience / Overview displays general data:
The following statistics are available here:
- The number of visits (Visits graph and numbers)
- Viewers' languages and location (Language table)
- Proportions of new and returning visitors (Diagram)
- Average page depth (Pages / Visit graph)
- Visit duration (Avg. visit duration graph)
- Browsers, OS, and network used by viewers (System)
- Mobile device usage and their characteristics (Mobile).
You can check the traffic sources in Acquisition – Overview:
This option allows you to see the sources from which viewers originated. If you'd like to see real time traffic, go to Real Time - Traffic Sources.
Acquisition/All Traffic shows the pages visited before opening your publication:
The Behavior – Overview – Event Action tab allows you to see the actions taken by users while reading your publication – zooming, cart usage, saving, and other actions. It includes tracking of the number of shares, search events, and external links followed.
The Behavior – Overview – Page Title tab shows the total number of Pageviews per publication:
You can see the number of views for each page in the Behavior – Site Content – All Pages section. Separate statistics are gathered for normal and zoomed mode:
For more detailed statistics click on the Behavior/Events/Overview/Events Label.