Search engines drive about 30 to 70 % of all web traffic even for smaller sites, according to different data. FlippingBook makes sure that your publication is fully indexed. Its HTML version will be relatively easy to find online some time after the upload.
This article has answers to the most common questions our users ask about our SEO feature:
- Are FlippingBook publications indexed by search engines/SEO optimized?
- How is SEO integrated into FlippingBook?
- Is there any way to hide our publications from search engines?
- How will my publication appear on Google?
- How can I get a higher position on Google?
- How soon will my publication appear in search engines?
- Can I delete my indexed publication from search results?
- Once I delete my publication, will the information about it be available on search engines ?
- How does the indexing work when I embed my publication?
- Is it possible to index only a part of my publication?
- Can I add custom meta-tags to the pages that should be indexed?
Are FlippingBook publications indexed by search engines/SEO optimized?
Yes, FlippingBook publications are SEO optimized. Each publication is indexable by Google, Yahoo!, and other search engines.This means that Internet users will be able to find and access your publications by simply entering the keywords and phrases contained in your publications into search engines.
How is SEO integrated into the FlippingBook?
FlippingBook contains a special text layer for SEO that makes textual content in your PDF SEO-indexable.
Thus, we precondition search engines to be able to index your publication. Still, search engines need to find the way to your publication. Many content management systems take care of that if you add a publication to your own website. Web crawlers should come across your page sooner or later when processing links, but if you're in doubt or want to speed up the process, then you can notify search engines yourself.
If you want your publication to be indexed, you can ask Google to do it by using this special tool - https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/submit-url?continue=/addurl
Also, you can use Google's Structured Data Testing Tool to verify that Google is able to see your publication and its metadata. If everything is working properly, you'll see what Google finds on your page:
Is there any way to hide our publications from search engines?
FlippingBook Online was created for public sharing of documents, which is what the majority of our clients need.
However, you can still hide FlippingBook Online publications by using the SEO Indexing option. For more details, read our article for FlippingBook Online Is the information in publications indexed by search engines?.
You can also hide documents created in FlippingBook Publisher from search engines. To do this, you will need to password protect your publications. This feature is only available for FlippingBook Publisher Business users who store their documents in FlippingBook Cloud.
If you don’t use FlippingBook Publisher Business, you can still minimize the possibility your publication will be indexed. To know how, please, check our article Is the information in publications indexed by Google?.
If you want to hide your self-hosted publications from search engines, please, create your publication files using the instruction below:
- Open your project file in FlippingBook Publisher.
Go to Upload and choose To my server (former “to HTML” option).
Click on Advanced Settings.
Untick Search Engine Indexing.
Click on the button Start.
After you publish the created files to your own server, they will have the meta tag “noindex” and “nofollow” in them.
How will my publication appear on Google?
The Publication Name and the Publication Description will come up in Google search results.
FlippingBook Publisher users can change this information here:
If you use FlippingBook Online, you can change these data by following the instructions below:
- Open your FlippingBook Online account.
- Go to FB Online > Publications.
- Hover over the publication that you want indexed.
- Click on Customize.
- Go to the section called Name & Description.
- Change the information there.
- Click on the button Save at the top.
This is what the interface looks like in FlippingBook Online:
How can I get a higher position on Google?
Although indexing your publications is easy with FlippingBook, it doesn’t immediately move them to the first page of Google search. You have to take additional steps.
Unfortunately, there’s not much we can do, but we are more than happy to share some tips with you:
- Create specific and unique content.
- Pay attention at your publication title and description. Search engines use this to display your publication in the results so make sure they are descriptive of your content of that is what your readers will see first.
- Be aware of the click-through rate. When someone clicks on your link, the relevance of your page increases within the search engine. Combined with clear title and description, a good click-through rate will lead to a higher future rating of your publication.
- Get others to link to your site. This maybe somewhat out your control but the number of others sites to link to your site is one of the most important factors. This will increase your relevance in search engines as well as your traffic.
How soon will my publication appear in search engines?
It’s hard to say when exactly new content is indexed. In our experience, the usual waiting period is between 1 to 4 weeks.
Can I delete my indexed publication from search results?
No, we cannot delete a publication from search results of any search engine. It is out of our control. However, if your publication is hosted in FlippingBook Cloud, we can try to delete it from Google search results. Please contact us at https://flippingbook.com/contacts or via email at email@example.com and send the link to your publication. We will do everything possible to delete your publication from Google search results.
If you store a publication on your own server, please, use Remove URLs tool in case you need to delete the information about the publication.
Once I delete my publication, will the information about it be available in search engines?
Deleting a publication that has already been indexed will not remove the records about it from search engines. However, next time Google inspects the link, your deleted publication will be removed from search engines, as it will give no interest to the search. Crawling times are hard to determine, so the whole process could take a while.
How does indexing work if I embed my publication to website?
Search engines index both the website where you embed your publication and the publication itself, but they’re approached separately. Any search engine will view your publication and your website as individual items to inspect:
So if you try to look for your publication by keywords, the website where it’s embedded won’t appear in search results.
Is it possible to index only a part of my publication?
No, unfortunately, indexing a part of your publication is impossible. Our SEO feature only allows you to index the whole publication.
Can I add custom meta-tags to the pages that should be indexed?
No, unfortunately, you can’t add custom meta tags to the pages of your publication. The most important meta tags (title and description) are automatically added by our software, based on the publication name and description. However, most search engines, including Google, disregard the keyword tag. According to Google, they no longer use meta keyword tags in their algorithm for search rankings. So there’s no need to add them into your publication, either.