FlippingBook Online provides you with a variety of settings you can use to customize your publications. You can easily adjust the look and feel of your publications. You can also fine-tune your publication interface and configure other features according to your needs. What’s more, you can save your settings as default for future publications!
Keep on reading if you would like to learn how to:
- Access your publication settings
- Change your publication name and description
- Add publication Skin
- Use Branding settings
- Protect publication with a password
- Set up a lead-capture form
- Configure other settings
- Save publication settings
- Save publication settings as default
Access your publication settings
To see your publications settings, please open your online account, hover over your publications, and click Customize.
Your publication settings are conveniently organized into groups and can be easily viewed and modified.
Note! Branding and Lead Capture Form settings are available in all the plans except Starter. Password setting is available in Advanced and Team plans.
Note! If you want your changes to publication settings to take effect, please don’t forget to save them.
Change your publication name and description
Publication name and description are important! Publication name is used as a title of your publication. You can also see your publication name and description when you share your publication on social networks. Publication name and description appear on Google search results if you make your publication searchable on Google.
You can change your publication name and description in the Name & Description section.
Add publication skin
Skin is a ready design for your publication interface. You can add a skin to your publication, which best fits your content.
Use Branding settings
The Branding group of settings (available with all the plans except Starter) grants you further customization options.
- Logo — Upload your own image to replace the FlippingBook logo on your publication’s interface, or remove it completely.
- Background Image — Use a custom image of your choice as a background for your publication, overriding your selected skin’s default one.
- Color Palette - This option allows you to set your own colors for navigation elements of your publication. Here you can learn how to change Color Settings for your publication.
- Favicon — This setting allows you to replace or remove the small icon which is usually displayed on your browser’s tab where your publication is opened.
You can use all these settings to adjust your publication to your company brand.
Protect publication with a password
Set up a lead-capture form
A lead capture form lets your readers leave their name and email address when they view your publication. Lead Capture Form is available with all the plans except Starter.
Here you can find more information on how to set up a lead capture form and how it works.
Configure other settings
Other configuration options can be found in Settings.
- Bottom Menu — Add/remove the bottom panel buttons:
Share | Print | Download
Thumbnails | Table of Contents | Notes
Sound | Fullscreen | Zoom
Removing any of these buttons turns off the corresponding function.
- Navigation Tab — You can choose Table of Contents, Thumbnails, Search or Notes panel to be opened by default when your publication is loaded.
- Contacts Button — You may turn the Contacts button on/off and change its text and target URL.
- Hardcover - With this setting turned on your publication will look like a hardback book (this option is available with all the plans except Starter)
- Right-to-left — This option allows you to set page flipping direction in case your publication is in an RTL language. You can find more information about it here.
- Searchable on Google - With this setting turned on your publications will be indexed by Google and other search engines. Learn more about it here.
Save publication settings
Once you have configured the settings for your publication, you can save them by pressing the Save button. You can then press the Back button to return to the list of your publications.
Save publication settings as default
Your publication settings can be saved as default for future uploads. This can come in handy if you need to create several publications sharing a common style and preferences. You won’t have to select your settings manually, which can save you time and effort.
To save your publications settings as default, please do the following:
- Click on the small triangle to the right of the Save button and tick the box Make settings default for future publications
- Press the Save button
- To return to the list of your publications, click on the Back button
From now on, your default settings will be the same as the ones in the publication!
Details to be aware of when saving your publication settings as default:
- When a Lead Capture Form is used, and it is placed on the page which is not available in your new publication, the form will appear on the last page.
- Default settings will apply to your new uploads only. So if you want to change the settings for your older publications, please, do it manually.
Note! You cannot save default settings for the Right-to-left page flip direction and publication name.
This is all for now about publication settings. Thank you for reading!
Would you like to add videos and links to your publication to make it even more interactive? Learn how to do it with the Content Editor.